House Committee on Transportation - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 32.
- To study the adequacy of the system for designating, constructing, and maintaining Farm-to-Market roads.
- To study the transportation of high-level nuclear waste, with an emphasis on the proposed use of overweight trucks and the possibility of requiring permits for shipments.
- To study the state's role and ability in responding to transportation incidents with toxicological implications. (Joint study with House Committee on Environmental Affairs).
- To study and monitor the implementation of transportation legislation passed during the 70th Legislature, especially SB 595, 70th R.S..
- To study the effect on Texas of recently passed federal transportation legislation.
- To study the regulations promulgated by the Department of Public Safety regarding truck safety and the effects of such regulations on the transportation industry.
- To study the statutes regulating truck load weights and the effect of such regulation on the Texas economy.
No report was issued.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.