House Committee on Public Education - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Monitor the implementation of the public school accountability, college readiness, and other reforms enacted by HB 3 81st R.S., and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Study the role of public schools in promoting student health, providing health related information, and responding to infectious diseases, including the H1N1 virus.
- Study the best leadership and management practices of campus administrators for improving student achievement, with particular focus on effective leadership models for improving low-performing campuses. Make recommendations on how to implement successful strategies at scale. Review the current administrator certification process and make suggestions for improvements.
- Review policies to ensure the availability of quality science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) curriculum to all students in primary and secondary education. Examine strategies to increase the supply and improve retention rates of teachers in STEM fields.
- Monitor the age ncies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.