House Committee on Retirement and Aging - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 27.
- To study the benefits of SB 9, 68th R.S., as it applies to the regulatory agencies, providers of care, the public sector and the patients and residents.
- To study alternative care services for the elderly, the scope of these services, and their cost effectiveness.
- To determine whether or not there is a need to restore the Intermediate Care Facility II nursing care program to a full or modified degree.
- To study the health care status of persons who have been denied entry into a long-term care facility and whether or not the screening process is comprehensive and equitable.
Betty Denton is not listed as a member on the press release regarding House committees issued by Speaker Gib Lewis on April 4, 1984. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, April 5, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
James Hury promoted to Vice Chair March 1984. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, March 30, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Russ Tidwell appointed 5/15/1984. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, May 15, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.