House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 3.
- To study the content and quality of milk as it is sold at the retail level in Texas.
- To examine the utilization of computers to increase the efficiency of agricultural operations.
- To study contagious animal diseases including Laryngotracheitis (poultry), Pseudo-rabies (swine), and Brucellosis (cattle).
- To study the cane borer infestation in the Rio Grande Valley.
- To examine the economic feasibility of the conversion irrigated farmland in West Texas to water-efficient crops and/or dryland farming.
- To examine the role of the state in the development of farm industries in Texas, including shrimp and catfish farming.
Leroy Wieting (Chair) resigned 3/31/1984.
Neeley Lewis (Member) appointed March 1984. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, March 30, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Roberts Saunders promoted to Chair and Phyllis Robinson promoted to Vice Chair, April 2, 1984. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, April 2, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Robert Earley (Member) appointed May 1984. (Press Release, Speaker of the House Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, May 29, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Bruce Gibson is listed as a committee member in Index to Interim Committees from the 67th & 68th Legislatures, however, his name does not appear in the report.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.