House Committee on Cultural and Historical Resources - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To examine the Antiquities Codes as it pertains to historic structures; how the Antiquities Committee implements the revised legislation; possible moving of historic structures from the Antiquities Committee to the Historical Committee.
- To explore the possible legislation regarding the modernization, restoration, preservation, adaptive re-use, or destruction of historic public buildings.
- To study the Texas Historical Commission's Main Street Program and examine the economic and social impact on the individual community and the state, in general: jobs created; social development; historic significance; possible ways to improve and expand the program.
- To explore other avenues for revitalizing and preserving other historic Texas townsites.
- To examine the possible need for legislation to identify and protect our historic cemeteries and burial grounds from vandalism and destruction.
- To examine the revenue generated by the arts for art organizations, artists, and people employed in art-related fields; jobs created; travel and tourism generated; revenue to the state; cities and counties; social impact.
- To examine how the Texas Arts Commission spends its grant money; possible ways to improve the use of state matching funds for the arts.
- To examine the economic impact of travel and tourism in Texas; jobs created; economic development; revenue generated to both public and private sectors.
- To examine the effects of construction and building development projects that affect view corridors of the State Capitol building.
- To monitor all activities and to have budget and oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section7.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.