LRL Home - Committees - Committee overview
State Water Funding - 80th R.S. (2007)
The committee shall meet at least annually with the executive director of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and the executive administrator of the Texas Water Development Board to:
(1) receive information on water infrastructure needs as identified in the state water plan;
(2) receive information on infrastructure cost and funding options to be used by local entities to meet the needs identified in the state water plan;
(3) receive analyses of the funding gap and recommendations on how to address those funding needs;
(4) receive information on whether all water fees assessed are sufficient to support the required regulatory water-related state program functions and activities; and
(5) identify viable, sustainable, dedicated revenues and fee sources, or increases to existing revenue and fees, to support state water programs and to provide for natural resources data collection and dissemination, financial assistance programs, and water resources planning, including funding to implement water management strategies in the state water plan.
Created pursuant to SB 3, 80th Legislature.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.