House Committee on Law Enforcement - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Study the adequacy and effectiveness of Department of Public Safety trooper training.
- Oversee the implementation and enforcement of the provisions of HB 164 79th R.S., as it relates to the manufacture of methamphetamines, and the distribution and sale of prescription and non-prescription drugs.
- Research options for stable funding sources for the University of North Texas Mission Persons DNA database.
- Monitor the implementation of SB 568 79th R.S., as it relates to law enforcement response to private home alarms.
- Evaluate the efficacy of designing a law enforcement training program specifically applicable to small or rural police agencies.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.