House Committee on Higher Education - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Evaluate state supported financial aid programs, and whether they are structured and administered in a manner that will most effectively allow the state to meet the goals set forth in Closing the Gaps.
- Consider formula funding models for institutions of higher education, and evaluate whether current formulas most effectively promote excellence and support the goals set forth in Closing the Gaps.
- Evaluate accessibility to higher education, and identify whether certain areas of the state are underserved with respect to bachelor's and associate's degree programs.
- Examine existing methods of facilities funding for institutions of higher education, and identify the most efficient means by which to allocate state resources.
- Study community college service areas, and determine whether - and to what extent - existing boundaries should be modified to reflect population shifts or other demographic changes.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
- Review and analyze all higher education funding formulas. (Joint Interim Charge with the House Committee on Appropriations)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.