House Committee on Energy - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 10.
- To study naturally occurring radioactive material.
- To study division order problems between royalty owners and producers.
- To study the feasibility of protection of underground pipeline and utilities by means of a "Statewide One Call System."
- To study the extension and maintenance of stripper well production.
- To study the effects of foreign ownership, directly or indirectly, of energy interests in Texas.
- To study the effects of drilling fluids in various geological strata.
- To study the severity of defective cement plugs in wellbores throughout the state.
- To study the economic impact, state policy, and criminal liability in oil spills, toxic spills and other environmental accidents (joint study with Environmental Affairs Committee).
- To study the utilization of regional offices of the Railroad Commission.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.