House Committee on Licensing and Administrative Procedures - 78th R.S. (2003)
- Actively monitor the implementation of HB 2519 78th R.S., to streamline bingo processes at the Lottery Commission, review the commission's processes for leasing of facilities and the commissions's audit authority. Also compare the distributions to charities as a percentage of revenues in Texas with charitable bingo in other states.
- Monitor the implementation of SB 283 78th R.S., sunset legislation for the Board of Architectural Examiners. Pay particular attention to the interior designer's transformation to a "Practice Act."
- Monitor the implementation of HB 1487 78th R.S., creating a state wide license for electricians. Pay particular attention to any unintended consequences, such as any erosion in Texas right-to-work laws.
- Monitor the implementation of HB 329 78th R.S., licensing mold remediators.
- Identify licenses and duties that could be handled more efficiently at the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Estimate cost savings and policy implications associated with such moves.
- Study ways to reduce the incidence of underage drinking in Texas. Include and analysis of best practices in other states.
- Monitor agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.