House Committee on Business and Commerce - 70th R.S. (1987)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 3, including the new Department of Commerce and Strategic Policy Commission.
- To study the possible revision of Chapter 53, Texas Property Code (Mechanic's Liens).
- To study all issues relating to economic development and diversification through trade and commercial arrangements between business enterprises in Texas and those in Mexico and other Latin American nations.
- To study and monitor the effectiveness of the agency consolidations and creation of the Department of Commerce.
- To study and monitor the Department of Commerce's implementation of the requirements of Article 5 (Small Business Assistance), Article 6 (Business Permit Office), and Article 7 (State and Local Permits) in reducing unnecessary governmental regulatory delays that inhibit the economic development of the state.
- To study the cost/benefits and potential scope of private contracting for governmental services by the State.
- To study the effect and feasibility of state legislation governing hostile corporate takeovers of domestic corporations.
- To study methods by which the results of state recruiting programs of business and industry relocation efforts can be measured in terms of cost-benefit to Texas, including a survey of other states' methods of measuring effectiveness.
- To study the use of the Hotel-Motel Tax.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.