House Committee on Cable Television - 68th R.S. (1983)
- Determine whether the current methods of regulation of cable television promote adequate, economical and efficient service for the people of this state.
- Make a thorough examination of the educational and community-service potentials for the cable television industry.
- Study rates and charges for subscription for the cable television industry.
- Examine the working relationships between municipalities and individual cable television companies in the state.
- Monitor federal legislation and policies pertaining to the cable television industry.
No report was issued.
Charges are from Index to Interim Committees from the 67th & 68th Legislatures, L1800.1 IN8 1981-84.
Appointed by the Speaker 8/23/1983. Clint Hackney (Member) added to the committee 9/19/1983. (Letters from Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, August 23, 1983 and September 19, 1983. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 2.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.