House Committee on Natural Resources - 71st R.S. (1989)
- To monitor all activities and to have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 24.
- To study the transfer of water rights from irrigation districts to municipalities in South Texas.
- To study the categories, powers and duties of water and wastewater districts created under the Texas Water Code or by other statutes, including the procedures for the creation of such districts.
- To study the relationships and coordination between the Texas Water Commission and local water authorities, including the effect of the current institutional structure on the achievement of water policy goals.
- To study current efforts to provide and finance water and wastewater services to the colonias.
- To study the rights of property owners along rivers and streams.
- To study the recodification of the Texas Water Codes.
- To study environmental concerns related to water and groundwater quality (joint study with Agriculture and Livestock Committee and Environmental Affairs Committee).
- To study public and private infrastructure and federal and state regulatory standards relating to water pollution abatement.
- To study and monitor the Texas Water Commission in the early stages of implementing the underground gasoline storage clean-up program established by HB 1588, 71st Legislature, Regular Session.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.