House Committee on Regions, Compacts, and Districts - 65th R.S. (1977)
- A review of the memberships of the judicial and executive branches, including all agencies, in interstate associations. This shall include recommendations for needed change, if any, in the manner in which these associations may gain approval to charge fees for such memberships to the state.
- An assessment of the value to the State of its current memberships in interstate compacts in which the State participates. This study shall also review and assess the interstate compacts in which the State is eligible to participate and their relative value to the State.
- A study of the role and scope of the Pan American Student Forum and its expansion to junior and senior level institutions of higher education.
- A study of the concept of and relative advantages and disadvantages of foreign trade zones in Texas. This study should include recommendations as to how to better encourage foreign trade through this or alternative means.
- A review of the functions and responsibilities of the Good Neighbor Commission, the Governor's Office of Migrant Affairs, the Department of Community Affairs and the South Texas Cultural Basin to determine duplication of efforts and to make recommendations for consolidation of functions thereof, if necessary.
- A study of the reapportionment process to facilitate the mechanics of redistricting after the next federal census.
Oversight responsibilities of agency expenditures and related transactions. This function shall encompass a review and monitoring of all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 65th Regular Session of the Legislature, to wit:
Good Neighbor Commission
Governor's Office of Migrant Affairs
Texas Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Affairs
Office of State Federal Relations
Charges are from Interim Committees 62d-66th Legislatures, L1800.1 IN8 1971-79.
Robert Valles (Member) resigned from the Committee on Regions, Compacts and Districts 9/23/1977. (Memorandum from Bill Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, September 23, 1977. See House Press Memos 1978, L1801.1 P926 1978.)
Shirley Abbott (Member) appointed 12/15/1977. (Memorandum from Bill Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, December 15, 1977. See House Press Memos 1978, L1801.1 P926 1978.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.