House Committee on Nursing Home Reform, House Joint, Interim - 68th R.S. (1983)
- Conduct a thorough examination of the nursing home industry in the state.
- Study of recent legislation passed by other states concerning the industry.
- Monitor the working relationship of the industry with the Texas Dept. of Health, Human Resources and Attorney General.
- Examine provisions or previous legislation concerning the industry passed by previous sessions of the legislature
- Study alternative care services for the elderly and their cost effectiveness.
- Determine whether or not the Intermediate Care Facility II nursing care program should be restored to a full or modified degree.
- Examine the screening process for entry in a long term care facility as to comprehensiveness and equity.
Appointed by the Speaker 8/5/1983. (Letters from Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, August 5, 1983. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.