Fred Bosse, Chair
Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa
Examine the decisions of Texas appellate courts over the last five years to identify those decisions that:
(1) clearly failed to properly implement legislative purposes;
(2) found two or more statutes to be in conflict;
(3) held a statute to be unconstitutional;
(4) expressly found a statute to be ambiguous; or
(5) expressly suggested legislative action.
|• Make recommendations for corrective legislation in response to the Committee's findings. To the extent possible, corrective legislation proposed by the committee should have the purpose of effectuating the original legislative intent of the statutes considered by the court and should not recommend other substantive changes.|
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.