House Committee on Transportation - 73rd R.S. (1993)
- Work with the Texas Department of Transportation on a study to develop a 20-year statewide transportation plan.
- Review current laws relating to the rate structure for tank trucks and overweight vehicles.
- Monitor the Department's construction and public works projects and evaluate efficencies in comparison to the private sector.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under the committee's jurisdiction, including a study of mandated reports to the legislature and legislative agencies. The study should consist of a review of the legislative reporting requirements of all agencies to identify areas where reporting obligations could be streamlined and agency accountability improved. The committee shall make specific recommendations about the continuation, modification or elimination of required legislative reports.
- Study the matter of speed limit reduction on Texas highways.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
The charge abstract regarding speed limit reduction is based on a press release issued by Speaker of the House Price Daniel on December 10, 1973. (Press release from Price Daniel, Jr., Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, December 10, 1973. See House Press Memos 1973, L1801.1 P926 1973.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.