House Committee on State, Federal and International Relations - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Study the tourism benefits of a program linking tourist destinations by signage, maps, trails, and other means. Consider how such a program should be coordinated, in light of different agencies' responsibilities for tourism and transportation and for natural, cultural and historical sites.
- Study the demographics of Texas' population of military veterans. Compare and contrast veterans' demographics with those of the general population to determine which current or prospective programs have the most benefit.
- Review the practices used by other states to designate "state artists" and "state poets." Consider the value of having a permanent procedure for making such designations in Texas.
- Assess the potential of community telecommunications networks and technology centers for tourism and business development.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.