House Committee on Public Safety - 76th R.S. (1999)
- Study all issues surrounding the use of social security numbers to obtain a driver's license. The study should consider federal law and rules as well as issues related privacy and identity theft.
- Review the manner in which driver's license information, including arrests, convictions and other personal information, is made available for public safety and commercial purposes. The review should consider the parties who may obtain such information, the security of information, and the extent to which the system meets the needs of requesting parties.
- Evaluate the need for county or municipal law enforcement officers to conduct motor carrier safety inspections.
- Review the "One Call to Dig" program to determine how well it is working.
- Conduct active oversight of the agencies under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.