House Committee on Appropriations - 65th R.S. (1977)
- Bill Presnal, Chair
- Walt Parker, Vice Chair
- Fred J. Agnich
- Joe Allen
- Gonzalo Barrientos
- Roy Blake, Sr.
- Phil Cates
- Melchor Chavez
- Jim Clark
- Buck Florence
- Milton E. Fox
- Fred Head
- W.S. 'Bill' Heatly
- Bill Hollowell
- James J. Kaster
- Mickey Leland
- Pike Powers
- Jim D. Rudd
- Richard C. Slack
- Lou Nelle Sutton
- R.L. 'Bob' Vale
- Robert 'Bob' Valles
- Leroy J. Wieting
- Doyle Willis
- Review the statutes of those state agencies which are not currently funded under the appropriations bill but whose funds may be appropriated by the legislature.
- Review the procedures of the appropriative process and recommend changes in House rules, committee procedures, etc. as needed to improve the appropriative process.
- Review the states allotment of federal funds and the process by which they flow into the state, developing future projection trends with particular focus on funds used for salaries to pay state employees.
- Review of space requirements of state agencies and recommendations as to future construction and possible sources of funding in lieu of the now defunct 2 cent tax for State Building Construction.
- Special oversight of budget activities of all state agencies with particular emphasis on implementation and use of an interactive budget monitoring system for committees and members of the legislature.
- Review of agency, board and commission fees and licenses, determining if these have become outdated or do not generate necessary revenues as was originally intended when fee structure was enacted.
James Kaster (Member) resigned 9/1/1977.
Robert Valles (Member) appointed 9/23/1977. (Memorandum from Bill Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, September 23, 1977. See House Press Memos 1978, L1801.1 P926 1978.)
Buck Florence (Member) appointed 5/1/1978. (Memorandum from Bill Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, May 1, 1978. See House Press Memos 1978, L1801.1 P926 1978.)
Jim Rudd (Member) appointed 5/1/1978. (Memorandum from Bill Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, May 1, 1978. See House Press Memos 1978, L1801.1 P926 1978.)
Roy Blake (Member) resigned 1/10/1978.
Walt Parker (Vice Chair) resigned 1/5/1978.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.