House Committee on Intergovernmental Affairs - 66th R.S. (1979)
Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. The agencies include:
Advisory Commission on Intergovernmental Relations
Texas Assessor Examiners
State Property Tax Board (School Tax Assessment Practices Board)
- Review the legal status and effects of validation acts.
- Review the status of hospital districts in Texas created by general and special law, including processes of petition, election, funding and administration.
- Review the particular problems encountered by hospital districts which are required to treat large numbers of indigent patients or districts which support medical schools or teaching hospitals. Make recommendations regarding funding for indigent health care and residency programs. *
- Review county bidding, contracting and purchasing procedures.
- Determine the costs to counties caused by the district judicial and administrative system of Texas.
- Study risk management of elected and appointed officials of local government.
- Study the legal relationships between utility districts and cities' extraterritorial jurisdiction when the two units overlap.
- Determine the status of reserve deputy sheriffs in Texas with particular attention to the question of employment and compensation for work involving private security.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the Texas Disaster Act of 1975 to determine if more state effort is needed to assist local governments in disaster relief, cleanup operations, and evacuation planning and machinery.
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.