House Committee on Insurance - 66th R.S. (1979)
- Study insurance rate-making procedures, focusing on discrimination in rating based on age, sex or physical handicap.
- Focus on reporting by insurance companies to the State Board of Insurance of statistical information, income and loss experience.
- Study the insurance rate-making procedures focusing on the current procedures followed and considered by the State Board of Insurance to determine if a more effective plan could be developed in Texas.
- Study the operations and effects on statewide rates of the Texas Catastrophe Property Insurance Association.
- Study the procedures and effectiveness of consumer complaints to the State Board of Insurance, including the methods and processes used to handle, monitor and follow up complaints from policy owners and consumers.
- Determine whether a need exists to increase the maximum limit of the value of group term life insurance policies.
Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. The agencies include:
State Board of Insurance
- Assist the Employment Practices Committee in reviewing all aspects of the worker's compensation law including: coverage, weekly payments for temporary total disability, benefits for permanent disability, administrative rules, penalties to insure that the responsibilities of the law are fulfilled, the feasibility of self-insurance, and other related matters.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.