House Committee on State Affairs - 66th R.S. (1979)
- D.R. 'Tom' Uher, Chair
- Gene Green, Vice Chair
- Bill Ceverha, Vice Chair - Appropriative Matters
- Bob McFarland, Vice Chair - Appropriative Matters
- W.J. 'Bill' Blythe, Jr.
- Albert 'Al' Brown
- Paul Elizondo
- Joe Gibson
- Smith Gilley
- Walter B. Grubbs
- Tip Hall
- Don Henderson
- George Pierce
- Arthur 'Buddy' Temple
- Emmett H. Whitehead
- Review state personnel policies to determine their impact on turnover rates, benefits, absenteeism, and other related issues, and to compare the policies with those in the private sector.
- Identify state policies and programs dealing with natural disasters in Texas and determine if these policies and programs have any influence on the quality of available public services.
- Compare the professional licensing agencies of other states with those in Texas to determine the feasibility of an umbrella licensing agency and the effectiveness of Texas licensing practices.
- Monitor the activities of the State Purchasing and General Services Commission to determine the effectiveness of the reorganization.
- Conduct a recodification of the eminent domain laws in Texas and recommend additional changes needed in this regard.
- Monitor the activities of the State Aircraft Pooling Board to determine its effectiveness.
Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 66th Regular Session of the Legislature. The agencies include:
State Purchasing and General Services Commission
Amusement Machine Commission
Office of the Governor and Budget and Planning
Public Utilities Commission
Adjutant General's Department
National Guard Armory Board
Commission on Fire Protection Personnel Standards and Education
Board of Barber Examiners
Texas Cosmetology Commission
Texas Historical Commission
Library and Historical Commission
Commission for Indian Affairs
Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz Memorial Naval Museum Commission
Fireman's Pension Commissioner
Texas Board of Private Investigators and Private Security Agencies
State Aircraft Pooling Board
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.