House Committee on Redistricting - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Study State Board of Education districts to determine whether the size of the districts inhibits the ability of board members to provide representation to their constituents and whether a change to the number of districts or the makeup of the board would enhance the ability of the board to perform its duties.
- Gather information regarding the commissions used by other states in redistricting. Study the differences in the results between states that use commissions versus legislatures during the 2011 redistricting cycle.
- Monitor the pending redistricting litigation and determine any follow-up that may be necessary.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.