House Committee on Pensions, Investments, and Financial Services - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Review local retirement systems that are not a part of statewide systems, the administration of these retirement systems, and current liabilities. Study and make recommendations aimed at curbing rising pension costs to local governments.
- Review the Texas County and District Retirement System and the Texas Municipal Retirement System and examine plan provisions offered to individual participating counties and cities.
- Review the impact of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act on Texas industries, with particular attention to any federal preemption issues that exist. Make appropriate legislative recommendations.
- Monitor all agencies and programs under the committee’s jurisdiction. Specifically, monitor the study by the Employees Retirement System of Texas and the Teacher Retirement System of Texas of the viability of the current defined benefit plans as well as the implications and feasibility of creating a defined contribution or hybrid plan.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Ken Legler, Member, 2/9/2011 - 6/1/2012. Barbara Legler appointed Member, 9/7/2012.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.