House Committee on General Investigating and Ethics - 82nd R.S. (2011)
- Review the Texas Ethics Commission's sworn complaint process and civil and criminal penalty provisions. Determine whether changes should be made aligned with the mission and purpose of the commission.
- Study and determine whether all appointees to state entities should be required to sign additional governance documents prior to serving in an official state capacity.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction and the implementation of relevant legislation passed by the 82nd Legislature.
- Study and make recommendations for significantly improving the state's manufacturing capability.
- Find ways to increase transparency, accountability and efficiency in state government.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.