House Committee on Higher Education - 67th R.S. (1981)
- Examine alternative tuition policies and recommendations to the current tuition charged by public institutions of higher education. In addition, make a statistical analysis of such costs in Texas as compared to those of other states.
- Conduct an overview investigation off campus instruction offered by public junior colleges and universities.
- Study the need for salary supplements for college and university presidents, faculty development, early retirement programs, and improved faculty salaries with emphasis on merit increases.
- Develop a clear definition of which revenues received by institutions of higher education should be deposited to the State Treasury. A determination of what constitutes local funds vs. state funds should be made.
- Determine whether State medical schools and health science centers should be required to deposit part or all of their local receipts to the State Treasury.
- Oversight functions shall be conducted for all appropriations-related actions of those agencies assigned to this committee for appropriative purposes during the 67th Regular Session of the Legislature.
Michael Martin (Member) resigned 4/22/1982.
Jimmy Mankins (Member) appointed 5/24/1982. Memorandum, Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, May 24, 1982. See House Speaker Clayton Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1979-82.)
Rene Oliveira (Member) appointed. (Memorandum from Speaker Bill Clayton to Betty Murray, Chief Clerk, undated.)
Steve Wolens (Member) resigned from the Committee on Higher Education to accept an appointment to the Committee on Insurance, March 3, 1981.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.