House Committee on Transportation - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Review all issues related to speed limits and highway safety.
- Study the system for funding county reads and bridges. Assess its adequacy and any measures that would improve the system.
- Review the process for creating and issuing special license plates. Assess the benefits and disadvantages of a proliferation of special plates.
- Study the effects of oversize and overweight trucks on roads and bridges, including the impact of NAFTA-related traffic.
- Examine the implementation of HB 2151 74th R.S., and HB 2599 74th R.S., relating to the licensing of salvage vehicle dealers and to salvage vehicle titling procedures. Review federal legislation that may impact state laws relating to salvage vehicles. (Joint with the House Committee on Licensing and Administrative Procedures)
- Conduct active oversight of agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction, including the implementation of SB 370 75th R.S., and monitor issues affecting state highway funding.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.