House Committee on Public Education - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Examine legislative strategies to improve efficiency of public schools. Include use of technology, alternative methods of delivering educational services, financial incentives, reduced administrative costs, any other measure.
- Review progress of charter schools and public education grants, including revisions enacted by the 75th legislature.
- Investigate accidents and other safety issues arising in situations where school districts have contracted with external entities to provide transportation services.
- Monitor progress and implementation of other legislation, including SB 133 75th R.S., relating to safe schools (jointly with the House Committee on Juvenile Justice and Family Issues), SB 1158 75th R.S., relating to education service centers, and HB 1800 75th R.S., relating to inclusion of more special education students in the accountability system.
- Conduct active oversight of agencies under committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.