House Committee on County Affairs - 75th R.S. (1997)
- Review statutes with population limits to identify those that may need adjustment due to population changes.
- Review the Indigent Health Care Act of 1985 for possible updating. (Joint charge with House Committee on County Affairs)
- Review state laws governing county finance and budget practices and laws requiring the collection of fees. Determine the feasibility of simplifying or streamlining necessary statutes and eliminating unnecessary restrictions.
- Assess the preparedness of county governments to deal with the Year 2000 computer problems.
- Review the employment practices , security measures, and other operations of county jails, municipal and county jails, and privately operated municipal and county jails housing inmates convicted of offenses in other states. Identify any particular problems associated with private operations or with acceptance of inmates for pay. (Joint with House Committee on Corrections)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.