House Committee on Transportation - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Monitor the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to ensure the agency is implementing recommended legislative, sunset, and Grant Thornton management audit changes.
- Review the organization and operation of Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs). Consider the relationship between MPOs and TxDOT regarding transportation planning and programming.
- Study the practices and procedures used in the development of toll roads and make recommendations as necessary.
- Review federal, state, and local programs to promote traffic light signalization, improve traffic flow, and reduce congestion.
- Study methods for improving safety on Texas roadways. Study the funding levels of crash prevention programs directed toward pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcyclists, and other vulnerable road users. Explore ways to improve safety for roadside workers.
- Study the safety and efficiency of the existing agriculture-related transportation infrastructure. Consider the air, ground, and rail transportation needs of rural Texas and analyze the effect on economic development. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Agriculture and Livestock .
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.