House Committee on Environmental Regulation - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Examine the regulation of air quality in the areas of permitting new and modified sources, public participation, and enforcement. Consider data and proposed federal standards and rules as they relate to the State Implementation Plan.
- Survey existing recycling programs and suggest needed improvements.
- Monitor federal legislative and regulatory initiatives as they pertain to climate change. Consider Texas' responses to proposals and make recommendations as to any further preparations.
- Study the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality's use of supplemental environmental projects in its enforcement process.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.