House Committee on Elections - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Study ways the state can enhance military and overseas voters' ability to obtain and return balloting materials and reduce burdens on those voters' exercise of their right to vote. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Defense and Veterans' Affairs
- Examine the use of central polling places and compare voter turnout and the number of rejected provisional ballots in counties that use central polling places with similar counties that do not.
- Examine the prevalence of fraud in Texas elections. Study new laws in other states regarding voter identification and recommend statutory changes necessary to ensure that only eligible voters can vote in Texas elections.
- Review the Texas campaign finance law in judicial races in light of the recent United States Supreme Court decision Caperton v. Massey. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Judiciary and Civil Jurisprudence
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.