House Committee on Criminal Jurisprudence - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Examine the deferred adjudication system in Texas and recommend legislative changes.
- Study how the state presently supports the establishment and maintenance of public defender offices.
- Study the human and sex trafficking problem in Texas. Make recommendations on best practices in the areas of investigation, prosecution, and tracking of the victims of these crimes. Study whether victims of these crimes are allowed to adequately recover from their attackers in a civil cause of action. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Judiciary and Civil Jurisprudence
- Monitor the implementation of SB 1940 81st R.S., which established veterans court programs in Texas, and examine the link between combat stress disorders of war veterans, including post-traumatic stress disorder and traumatic brain injury, and the onset of criminal behavior. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Defense and Veterans' Affairs
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Eric Johnson appointed by Speaker 6/17/2010 (Letter, Speaker Joe Straus, 6/17/2010).
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.