House Committee on Border and Intergovernmental Affairs - 81st R.S. (2009)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of state operations at controlling drug-related crimes and other violence along the Texas-Mexico border. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Public Safety
- Identify any gaps in Texas laws that may prevent coordinated efforts, both statewide and on the border, to ensure a safe food supply. Joint Interim Charge with House Committee on Public Health
- Examine current state laws and regulations aimed at improving economic development in the state and determine their impact on communities along the Texas-Mexico border. Identify any changes that would improve economic development results along the Texas-Mexico border.
- Analyze state laws and regulations and the efforts of the multiple state entities responsible for addressing the needs of Texas residents in colonias. Determine the effectiveness of such programs and suggest improvements.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.