Senate Committee on Elections - 12th Adjourned (1871)
- Investigate contested election in Senate district 20 between W.H. Pyle and John H. Lippard.*
- Investigate contested election in Senate district 13 between Robert K. Smith and John G. Bell.*
- Investigate contested election in Senate district 19 between A.J. Evans and S.W. Ford.*
- Investigate contested election in Senate district 3 between M. Priest and J.E. Dillard.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
Appointed by Lieutenant Governor J.W. Flanagan on 2/11/1870 as a standing committee. Senator Ruby moved that all cases of contested elections handed over to the Senate by the commanding general be referred to the committee. No record of vote on motion found in Journal but all contested elections were reported from this committee.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.