John McCulloch Dean
Full Name: John McCulloch Dean
Date of birth: May 13, 1852
Date of death: August 20, 1909
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1893 - Jan 12, 1897
El Paso / El Paso
Brewster, Coke, Crockett, Dimmit, Edwards, El Paso, Irion, Jeff Davis, Kimble, Kinney, Llano, Mason, Maverick, Menard, Pecos, Presidio, Schleicher, Sterling, Sutton, Tom Green, Uvalde, Val Verde, Zavala, Foley, Buchel
24th Legislature - Roll of holdover Senators, 1/8/1895, p. 1.
23rd Legislature - All 31 Senators are listed in Roll Call on First Day, 1/10/1893, p. 1; resolution by Sen. Cranford that the Senators shall now be divided by lot into two classes, 1/11/1893, p. 5; drew term of 4 years.
. January 10, 1893
January 11, 1893
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary, "John M. Dean Dies in Chicago," 8/20/1909, pp. 1, 7. Born 5/13/1852 in Forsythe County, Georgia; son of Dr. Y.S. and Martha (McCullough) Dean.
El Paso Herald.
- DEAN, JOHN M. (1852-1909). Birth date 5/13/1852, death date 8/20/1909.
Handbook of Texas Online.
- Biographical note, p. 218, born 5/13/1855.
The Legal Heritage of El Paso, 1963.
- Portrait and biographical sketch, Judge John M. Dean, Volume I, pp. 260-261. "Pioneer lawyer of El Paso," born 5/13/1852 in Forsythe County, Georgia. In 1892 "he was elected to the state senate, where he served for four years, during which period he was closely connected with important constructive legislation and served on a number of the leading committees in the upper house."
A Twentieth Century History and Biographical Record of North and West Texas, 1906.
- John M. Dean, birthplace Georgia; age 56; death date 8/20/1909 in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois; burial in El Paso, Texas on 8/22/1909; lawyer.
FamilySearch. Illinois, Cook County Deaths, 1871-1998
- John McCulloch Dean (May 1852-Aug. 1909), burial in Evergreen Cemetery, El Paso, El Paso County, with wife Mary Louise Dean.
Find a Grave.
J.M. Dean, 24th Legislature, State Preservation Board
J.M. Dean, 23rd Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.