Ira Griffin Killough
Full Name: Ira Griffin Killough
Date of birth: March 18, 1830
Date of death: October 2, 1878
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 14, 1873 - Jan 13, 1874
La Grange / Fayette
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- KILLOUGH, IRA GRIFFIN (1830-1878).
Handbook of Texas Online.
- Biographical sketch, Tabitha and Ira G. Killough, Footprints of Fayette. Ira was "elected to represent Fayette County in the 13th Texas State Legislature." Fayette County,
Military Service Notes
- Original Company Commander, Company I, 5th Texas Cavalry Regiment. Wounded at Yellow Bayou, LA, May, 1864.
5th Texas Confederate Cavalry Unit, 2004.
- Confederate States Army, Captain, 5th Texas Cavalry. Military grave marker, Ira G. Killough. Capt. I.G. Killough, birth date 3/18/1830, death date 10/2/1878, spouse Tabitha B. Killough, burial in Old La Grange City Cemetery, Fayette County.
Find a Grave.
- Census of 1870 - Ira G. Killough, La Grange, Fayette County, age 40, born circa 1830 in Tennessee, farmer, spouse Tabatha.
- John G. Killough.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004, 2005.
- J.G. Killough.
Members of the Texas Legislature, 1846-1962, 1962.
Ira Killough, 13th Legislature, DeGolyer Library, SMU, Lawrence T. Jones III Collection.
Ira Killough, 13th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.