Hiram Edwin Crowley
Full Name: Hiram Edwin Crowley
Date of birth: November 14, 1863
Date of death: October 6, 1942
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 12, 1897 - Jan 10, 1899
Midland / Midland
Andrews, Borden, Cochran, Crane, Crosby, Dawson, Ector, Fisher, Gaines, Garza, Glasscock, Haskell, Hockley, Howard, Kent, Loving, Lubbock, Lynn, Martin, Midland, Mitchell, Nolan, Reeves, Scurry, Stonewall, Terry, Upton, Ward, Winkler, Yoakum
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Portrait and biographical sketch, Hiram Edwin Crowley,
Historical and Biographical Record of the Cattle Industry and the Cattlemen of Texas and Adjacent Territory, Woodward & Tiernan Printing Company, 1895, p. 390.
- Biographical sketch and photo, H.E. Crowley. Newspaper Artists' Association, Fort Worth. Makers of Fort Worth, 1914, p. 40, crediting Amon Carter Museum.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries).
- Portrait and biographical sketch, Hiram Edwin Crowley, pp. 229, 322.
Texans and Their State: A Newspaper Reference Work, 1918.
- Brief biographical sketch, H.E. Crowley, pp. 150-151. Born 11/14/1863 in Tarrant County, lawyer and stockman.
Texas State Government: A Volume of Biographical Sketches and Passing Comment, 25th Legislature, 1897.
- Hiram Edwin Crowley, birth date 11/14/1863, special note on death date 10/6/1942, burial in Greenwood Memorial Park and Mausoleum, Fort Worth.
Find a Grave.
H. Crowley, 25th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.