Oba R. Morrison
Full Name: Oba R. Morrison
Date of birth: August 24, 1847
Date of death: June 6, 1924
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1895 - May 1, 1895
Hico / Hamilton
Bosque, Hamilton, Hill, Somervell
Jan 10, 1893 - Jan 8, 1895
Hico / Hamilton
Morrison resigned 5/1/1895.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Military Service Notes
- Confederate States Army, Private, Company D, 34th Texas Cavalry. Ora [Oba] R. Morrison, born circa 1847 in Shelby County, death date 6/6/1924 in Beaumont, Jefferson County; includes letter from O.R. Morrison describing Confederate service. Pension File No. 32608, Alabama, Texas and Virginia, U.S., Confederate Pensions, 1884-1958; U.S. Civil War Soldiers, 1861-1865.
- Confederate States Army, Private, Company D, 34th Texas Cavalry. Military grave marker, Oba R. Morrison (1847-1924), burial in Magnolia Cemetery, Beaumont, Jefferson County.
Find a Grave.
- Confederate States Army, 35th Texas Cavalry commanded by Col. A.W. Terrell.
Texas State Government: A Volume of Biographical Sketches and Passing Comment, 25th Legislature, 1897.
- Census of 1880 - O.R. Morrison, Shelby County, age 32, born circa 1848 in Texas, farmer, wife A.A.
Census of 1900 - O.R. Morrison, Beaumont, Jefferson County, age 54, born August 1846 in Texas, real estate agent, wife A.A.
Census of 1910 - Oba Morrison, Beaumont, Jefferson County, age 62, born circa 1848 in Texas, publisher, wife Alice A.
Census of 1920 - Aba Morrison, Beaumont, Jefferson County, age 72, born circa 1848 in Texas, Justice of Peace, widowed.
- O.R. Morrison, birth date 8/24/1857 [sic] in Shelby County, age 76 (born circa 1848), death date 6/6/1924 in Beaumont, Jefferson County, retired county officer.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
O.R. Morrison, 24th Legislature, State Preservation Board
O.R. Morrison, 23rd Legislature, State Preservation Board
O.R. Morrison, 23rd Legislature, Texas State Library and Archives Commission
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.