Mordecai Purgior McGee
Full Name: Mordecai Purgior McGee
Date of birth: April 21, 1869
Date of death: May 19, 1944
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1899 - Jan 13, 1903
Marshall / Harrison
Harrison, Panola, Rusk, Shelby
27th Legislature - Roll of holdover Senators, 1/8/1901, pp. 1-2.
M.P. McGee announced "as a candidate for the State Senate, subject to the action of the democratic party," "For the State Senate," 5/19/1898, p. 8, 6th col.
Marshall Evening Messenger
26th Legislature - Roll of Senators-elect, oath of office administered, 1/10/1899, pp. 1-2.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- Memorial resolution for Bailey Browning, son of Senator M.P. McGee, 27th Legislature, 1st C.S., 8/29/1901, p. 92.
- Obituary, "M.P. McGee Succumbs to Heart Attack," 5/19/1944, p. 1. "M.P. McGee, 75, widely known Marshall attorney and former state senator." "McGee Funeral Held Saturday," 5/21/1944, p. 8.
Marshall News Messenger.
- Biographical sketch, M.P. McGhee, p. 79. Born 4/21/1867 in Panola County.
The Twenty-Seventh Legislature and State Administration of Texas, 1901.
- Mordecai Purgior McGee, birth date 4/21/1869 in Panola County, death date 5/19/1944 in Marshall, Harrison County, retired attorney.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- M.P. McGee, birth date 4/21/1869r, death date 5/19/1944, burial in Algoma Cemetery South and North, Marshall, Harrison County.
Find a Grave.
- 27th Legislature (1901) - M.P. McGee, postoffice Marshall, Harrison County, nativity Texas, lawyer, Democrat, age 31 (born circa 1870).
Texas Legislative Manual.
M.P. McGee, 27th Legislature, State Preservation Board
M.P. McGee, 26th Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.