Austin Bertrand Wood
Full Name: Austin Bertrand Wood
Date of birth: June 7, 1875
Date of death: November 30, 1968
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 10, 1911 - Jan 14, 1913
Galveston / Galveston
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Austin Bertrand Wood, birth date 6/7/1875, death date 11/30/1968, son of Albert William Wood and Mary Austin Wood of Galveston; listed in Galveston city directory in real estate, 1899; marriage to Emma A. Simon 5/16/1911 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. French Extended Family Tree; U.S., City Directories, 1822-1995; Oklahoma, U.S., County Marriage Records, 1890-1995; North America, Family Histories, 1500-2000, The Descendants of Dr. David Rogers, pp. 44, 64.
- Census of 1900 - Austin B. Wood, Galveston, Galveston County, age 24, born June 1875, son of Mary A. Wood, real estate agent, grandson of Elizabeth Austin.
Census of 1910 - Austin E. Wood, Galveston County, age 34, born circa 1876 in Texas, broker/stock & bonds, son of Mary A. Wood, father's birthplace New York.
Census of 1920 - Austin B. Wood, Dallas, Dallas County, age 44, born circa 1876 in Texas, broker/investments & securities, married, lodger.
Census of 1930 - Austin B. Wood, Dallas, Dallas County, age 56, born circa 1874 in Texas, salesman/bonds, spouse Emma.
Census of 1940 - Austin B. Wood, Dallas, Dallas County, age 64, born circa 1876 in Texas, broker/stocks & bonds, spouse Emma.
1920 p. 28A
1920 p. 30A
- Austin Bertrand Wood, birth date 6/7/1875 in Galveston, death date 11/30/1968 in Dallas, father Albert William Wood, mother Mary Austin, stocks & bond broker.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Austin Bertrand Wood, birth date 6/7/1875, residence in Dallas, broker, nearest relative wife Emma Wood, draft registration 9/12/1918 in Dallas.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Austin B. Wood (1875-1968), burial in Grove Hill Memorial Park, Dallas, with spouse Emma H. Wood and mother Mary Austin Wood.
Find a Grave.
- Obituary, Mary Austin Wood, mother of Austin Bertrand Wood and daughter of Col. William Tennant Austin and Elizabeth Ann Austin. "Mrs. Mary A. Wood, Texas Pioneer, Dies," 3/26/1933, p. 12.
Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Obituary, Albert William Wood, father of Austin Bertrand Wood, "Death of Albert Wood," 1/30/1884, p. 8.
Galveston Daily News.
- Representative A. Bertrand Wood of Galveston, "Representative Wood Favors East End Deal," 2/8/1911, p. 12.
Galveston Daily News.
- 32nd Legislature (1911) - A.B. Wood, postoffice Galveston, nativity Texas, age 35 (born circa 1876), broker, 35 years in Texas, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
A.B. Wood, 32nd Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.