Atticus Lafayette Pinkston
Full Name: Atticus Lafayette "Att" Pinkston
Date of birth: April 1, 1878
Date of death: July 21, 1935
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 9, 1923 - Jul 5, 1923
Tenaha / Shelby
Pinkston resigned 7/5/1923.
Members of the Texas Congress 1836-1845; Members of the Texas Legislature 1846-2004
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- A.L. Pinkston (Atticus Lafayette Pinkston), birth date 4/1/1878; death date 7/21/1935 in Center, Shelby County; publisher/newspaper office.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- Atticus Lafayette Pinkston, birth date 4/1/1878, permanent home address in Tenaha, Shelby County, farmer and stockman, nearest relative Mrs. Elizabeth Pinkston (wife), draft registration 9/12/1918 in Shelby County.
FamilySearch United States World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918.
- Att L. Pinkston, birth date 4/1/1878, death date 7/21/1935, burial in Oaklawn Memorial Park, Center, Shelby County.
Find a Grave.
- Death notice, "Business Manager of Center Daily News News Taken by Death," 7/23/1935, p. 2. A.L. Pinkston "had served as representative in the state legislature and also was Shelby county clerk."
Lubbock Morning Avalanche.
- 38th Legislature (1923) - A.L. Pinkston, postoffice Tenaha, nativity Texas, age 44 (born circa 1879), farmer, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.