Full Name: Cora Strong
Date of birth: September 4, 1882
Date of death: March 21, 1959
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 13, 1931 - Jan 10, 1933
Slocum / Anderson
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Photo and biographical sketch, Cora Gray Strong, pp. 95-96. One of the first two widows of legislators elected to the Texas Legislature (with Frances Mitchell Rountree). Relatives: N.R. Strong - husband, Cora Strong - wife.
Capitol Women: Texas Female Legislators, 1923-1999, 2000.
- Biographical sketch, Cora Gray Strong, pp. 253-254.
A Centennial History of Anderson County Texas, 1936.
- Nelson R. Strong and Cora Gray were married on 10/4/1905 in Coke County.
FamilySearch. Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Cora G. Strong (1882-1959), burial in Strongs Memorial Park, Slocum, Anderson County.
Find a Grave.
- Death notice, Mrs. Cora E. Strong, "Ex-Anderson County Representative Dies," 3/22/1959, p. 11.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.