Henry Harrison Hanson
Full Name: Henry Harrison Hanson
Date of birth: January 16, 1875
Date of death: March 21, 1952
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 13, 1931 - Jan 10, 1933
Tyler / Smith
Biographical Notes and Resources top
Resolutions and Journal entries
- Biographical sketch, "Legislative Officials," The Tyler Journal, 1/2/1931, p. 8. "Some years after he was a student in the Omen school the late A.W. Orr he practiced law for awhile in Longview."
Biographical sketch and photo, "H.H. Hanson, Candidate, Seeks Legislative Post," The Tyler Journal, 7/12/1936, p. 7. "Mr. Hanson was born in Smith County and has lived all his life in the county with the exception of seven years spent in the practice of law in Longview. He represented the 32nd district composed of Smith County in the Forty-Second Legislature during the years 1931-1932." Crediting Smith County Historical Society.
Portal to Texas History (University of North Texas Libraries). January 2, 1931
July 12, 1936
- Obituary, Henry Harrison Hanson, "Final Rites Today for H.H. Hanson," 3/22/1952, p. 3. "At one time, Hanson represented Smith County in the state legislature."
Tyler Morning Telegraph.
- Census of 1880 - Harrison Hanson, Smith County, age 5, born circa 1875 in Texas, son of T.S. and Amanda Hanson.
Census of 1900 - Harrison Hanson, Smith County, age 25, born January 1875 in Texas, farm laborer, son of Amanda Hanson.
Texas, County Marriage Records, 1837-1965 - H.H. Hanson marriage to Cora Stanley in Smith County, 6/18/1921.
Census of 1930 - Henry H. Hanson, Tyler, Smith County, age 55, born circa 1875 in Texas, agent/newspaper, spouse Cora, children Helen and Gary.
Census of 1940 - H.H. Hanson, Tyler, Smith County, age 65, born circa 1875 in Texas, solicitor/newspaper, spouse Cora, children Helen and Gary.
Texas, County Marriage Records, 1837-1965
- Henry Harrison Hanson, birth date 1/16/1875 in Smith County, death date 3/21/1952 in Tyler, Smith County, retired lawyer, son of J.T. Hanson (born in Smith County) and Amanda Morgan (born in Shelby County).
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
- H.H. Hanson (1875-1952), burial in Tyler Memorial Park and Cemetery, Tyler, Smith County.
Find a Grave.
- 42nd Legislature (1931) - H.H. Hanson, postoffice Tyler, Smith County, nativity Texas, age 56, salesman, Democrat.
Texas Legislative Manual.
- Lists Harrison Hanson as former student of Summer Hill Select School in Omen, Smith County, Texas; "He was elected to the Legislature of Texas from Smith County at one time, where he served actively."
USGenWeb Project, 1996.
H.H. Hanson, 42nd Legislature, State Preservation Board
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.