Oliver Fleming Cunningham
Full Name: Oliver Fleming Cunningham
Date of birth: April 1, 1899
Date of death: July 10, 1968
Terms of Service top
||Dates of Service
||Counties in District
Jan 8, 1929 - Jan 10, 1933
Abilene / Taylor
Senate President Pro Tempore (42nd)
Callahan, Eastland, Fisher, Haskell, Jones, Mitchell, Nolan, Scurry, Shackelford, Stephens, Taylor, Throckmorton
42nd Legislature - Senate President Pro Tempore, 4th C.S., elected 11/3/1932.
42nd Legislature - Roll Call of Holdover Senators, 1/13/1931, p. 1.
41st Legislature - Certificate of New Senators, oath of office administered, 1/8/1929, p. 1.
Biographical Notes and Resources top
- Obituary and photo, "Oliver [Fleming] Cunningham, Ex-Senator, Dies," Thursday morning edition, 7/11/1968, pp. 1-A and 6-A. "Funeral Friday for Ex-Senator, Thursday evening edition, 7/11/1968, p. 7-A.
- Obituary, "J.F. Cunningham Dies at Abilene," 12/15/1933, p. 8. Survivors include son "Oliver Cunningham, former State Senator of Abilene." Relatives: James Franklin Cunningham - father; Oliver Cunningham - son.
Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Biographical sketch, "Who's Who and What's What in the Texas Legislature," by Ed Kilman, 1/27/1929, p. 5.
Military Service Notes
- United States Marine Corps. Oliver Fleming Cunningham, birth date 4/1/1899 in Abilene, enlisted 7/18/1918 at Fort Worth.
FamilySearch Texas, World War I Records, 1917-1920 (Texas Military Forces Museum, Austin).
- United States Marine Corps, Private. Oliver Fleming Cunningham, birth date 4/1/1899, death date 7/10/1968, residence in Abilene.
FamilySearch United States, Veterans Administration Master Index, 1917-1940, 1985.
- United States Marine Corps, Staff Sergeant, World War I and II. Military grave marker, Oliver F. Cunningham, birth date 4/1/1899, death date 7/10/1968, burial in Abilene Municipal Cemetery, Abilene, Taylor County. Includes obituary from Abilene Reporter News, 7/11/1968.
Find a Grave.
- Oliver Fleming Cunningham, birth date 4/1/1899 in Abilene; death date 7/10/1968 in Haskell, Haskell County; attorney; served in World War I and World War II.
FamilySearch Texas Deaths, 1890-1976.
Composite Photographs on Display in the Capitol
Committee Information top
This website is a work in progress. Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.
Have a question, comment or contribution? Email the Library or call 512-463-1252.
Many photos in Texas Legislators: Past and Present are used with permission of the Texas State Preservation Board. For permission to reproduce these photos, please contact the Texas State Preservation Board graphics coordinator at 512-475-3060.