House Committee on Investigation of Impeachment Charges Against Governor James E. Ferguson, Committee of the Whole - 35th R.S. (1917)
- Conduct a full, fair, and impartial investigation into the impeachment charges against Governor James E. Ferguson.*
- The Speaker will appoint a committee of three to select an attorney who shall represent the House of Representatives in said charges.*
- The Speaker shall appoint from among the members of the House a lawyer who shall pass on the admissibility of testimony.*
- At the conclusion the testimony the committee shall recommend to the House such action as may be necessary.*
* This represents an abstract of the report contents. Charge text is incomplete or unavailable.
On August 1, 1917 the House adopted a resolution by Fly to meet as a Committee of the Whole for the purpose of investigating the impeachment charges against Governor James E. Ferguson.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.