House Committee on Human Services - 68th R.S. (1983)
- To monitor all activities and have budget oversight responsibilities for those agencies, boards and commissions as listed in Rule 3, Section 15.
- To study child-care needs of parents in Texas and to study child-care services in Texas.
- To study, in cooperation with the House Joint Committee on Nursing Home Reform, state-supported services to aged and disabled adults including nursing home needs and problems and other issues related to long-term institutional care and alternatives.
- To study the duplication and coordination of various grants-in-aid programs by the federal government (categorical and block grants), relating to human services.
- To study dyslexia and related learning disabilities.
- To review the use of telecommunication devices for the deaf, including their use in state offices and emergency centers and their availability to the general deaf community.
- To review services to the deaf in Texas, including the deaf-blind. This study should consider each state agency that offers services to the deaf, including the State Commission for the Deaf, the Texas Rehabilitation Commission and the School for the Deaf. In addition, the study should cover federal, local and private service agencies.
- To study the visually-handicapped children's program in the State Commission for the Blind.
- To study chelation therapy, acupuncture and the practice of human ecology, in cooperation with the House Committee on Public Health.
- To study the need for establishing a licensing requirement and educational standard for radiological technologists.
Mary Polk (Chair) resigned 2/29/1984.
Erwin Barton promoted to Chair 2/17/1984. Billy Clemons promoted to Vice Chair 3/21/1984. (Press Releases issued by Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, February 17, 1984 and March 21, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Mike McKinney (Member) appointed 5/4/1984. (Press Release issued by Gibson D. (Gib) Lewis, Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, May 4, 1984. See House Speaker Lewis Appointments, L1801.1 P926a 1985-92 3.)
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.