House Committee on Elections - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Monitor the continued implementation of the federal Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA) by the Office of the Secretary of State, as major HAVA deadlines occur throughout 2006.
- Examine the prevalence of fraud in Texas elections, considering prosecution rates and measures of prevention.
- Examine the growing use of technology in campaigns and the administration of elections, and the need to recodify sections of the Texas Election Code to reflect our current practices.
- Examine ways to improve the uniformity and efficiency of elections held by political subdivisions, particularly by exploring market practices for leasing voting equipment.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.