House Committee on Economic Development - 79th R.S. (2005)
- Review the application of the Development Corporation Act of 1979 (Article 5109.6 VTCS) to determine the appropriateness of including limited liability funding ability for higher education projects supporting the development or expansion of specialized educational facilities at institutions of higher education.
- Study the use of the Skills Development Fund and the adequacy of the alternative funding mechanism created in HB 2421 79th R.S..
- Study the effectiveness of the Texas Enterprise Zone program and its contributions in creating economic development in this state.
- Study the utilization of the Unemployed Insurance Fund.
- Study the use of the Texas Economic Development Act since its enactment as HB 1200 77th R.S.. Examine how successful the program has been in the promotion of economic development in this state, and its use by local government entities. Make recommendations for any statutory changes needed to the program, and consider whether the December 31, 2007, Sunset date should be extended.
- Study the use of the Texas Enterprise Fund and other economic development tools created by SB 275 78th R.S.. Examine how successful the new programs have been in the promotion of economic development in this state, and recommend any statutory enhancements that could be made.
- Monitor the agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction.
Information on this website is provided as a public service by the Legislative Reference Library. The Legislative Reference Library makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy and makes no warranty in regard to its use. Users assume all risk of reliance on the information included on this site.